Why do I run?
Because I need to run, because I have to run.
I run away from my problems, I run sometimes looking for solutions. I run, leaving all the troubles behind, I run to find some trouble along the way. I run thinking about everything swirling in my head and then I run for that ultimate clarity that you get in the last lap - screw all these issues, how in heaven's name am I going to take the next step and the one after that?
Because I need to run, because I have to run.
I run away from my problems, I run sometimes looking for solutions. I run, leaving all the troubles behind, I run to find some trouble along the way. I run thinking about everything swirling in my head and then I run for that ultimate clarity that you get in the last lap - screw all these issues, how in heaven's name am I going to take the next step and the one after that?
I run because when I warm up, my body knows that something big is going to be thrown it's way. When I begin, the run welcomes me every time, like a long lost lover, comforting me into a rhythm. I run through the first few kilometers to feel numb, to lose my self and yet in the last kilometer find myself, my true character all over again.
Then the urge to push further strikes and you kick it up a gear, your feet quicken, you begin feeling the wind in your hair, the last lap, the last kilometer, the last few steps and then the dash for supposed end line with the stopwatch ticking away on your wrist. I run to answer just one question- did you beat yourself today or did you lose to yourself?
I run to maintain my sanity and I run for the insanity of that last dash, the guttural groans, the shout and the scream, to keep yourself going. I run because I chose this drug to help me through my tough times and heck now I even celebrate the good times with it.
Why do I run? Because I need to, because I have to!



No comments:
Post a Comment