Monday, July 29, 2013

After the rains

पाऊस पडून गेल्यावर is a poem that has become a favorite of mine. It is written in Pune and on a study table with a window by it's side. Due to this peculiarity of the table I studied less and wrote many more poems on it. I believe half of my poems are written on that table. 

This particular poem takes me back to my bachelor/single days, which am enjoying again. In Pune I used to live in an apartment complex that was up on a slope and after the rains, little rivulets of water would flow down after falling drop by drop from the leaves. The whole atmosphere created in this poem reminds me of those पुणेरी days. 

This poem and the way i recite it does have a very सौमित्र (Kishore Kadam) like feel to it. The album गारवा is definitely among some of my influences that have inspired and affected me deeply. I hope i am able to achieve even a minuscule of what सौमित्र has with his poems. This isn't meant to be a a direct copy of his style, just saying that it has left a deep enough impact on me to imbibe it.  

I hope you enjoy the poem as much as I do. You can listen to the audio recording of the poem in my voice here पाऊस पडून गेल्यावर






No comments: