Saturday, January 5, 2013

तो - the fear of deifying humans

A poem about deifying a human being and they blood lust of their followers.

As an atheist/agnostic (don't ask me which as I still have my struggles with God and his presence/absence). I have a huge problem when people choose to deify mere mortals. Sure, they must be some good people or even a few great people, but to say that they are God/Dev is saying they are flawless. Once it is established that you are their 'bhakta', there can be no rational debate about your chosen deities. 


Hence I choose to look even at God as a mythological figure from whom we can probably learn a few good values, but also keep our eyes open to the flaws he may have.

I remembered this poem again after Dr. Narendra Dabholkar's gruesome murder in Pune. I think i have channeled some of the same angst into the recording. You can listen in here






















No comments: